As demonstrated in the below infographic created using Pennsylvania Department of Transportation data, not only does where you live play a factor in the likelihood you will be involved in an accident, but other factors are at play as well. For example, did you know:
- Car crashes involving speed account for more accidents than those involving distracted driving, drunk driving and illegal passing combined
- Fridays in the month of October account for more accidents than Sundays between April and June
- More accidents happen in broad daylight than at any other time of the day, including complete darkness
- More than 65 percent of all accidents in Pennsylvania occur on Interstate highways, more than on all other types of roads combined
- Out of more than 125,000 accidents, approximately 30,000 could be tied to rain or snow
- You are 18 times more likely to be involved in a crash when the roads are dry versus when they are icy
- There are more than 8 times the number of accidents caused by hitting a fixed object than those involving a head-on collision
- Of more than 1000 accidents involving buses, more than two-thirds involve commercial buses
- Injuries resulting from a car accident occur approximately every six minutes on Pennsylvania roadways
- Accidents occur far less frequently as drivers age. In fact, those aged 61 and over have fewer accidents combined than those aged 16-20
It is evident that regardless of how careful you might be, you have to be defensive when driving on Pennsylvania roadways. The potential that you or one of your loved ones will be involved in an accident increases greatly if you live in one of the ten counties where more than half of all accidents occur.
Regardless of where in Pennsylvania you live, if you are involved in one of the thousands of car accidents involving distracted drivers, drunk drivers or simply careless drivers, the Pennsylvania car accident lawyers at Solnick and Levin are here to assist you. We have years of experience helping drivers who are injured or those who have lost a family member in an automobile accident obtain compensation for their injuries.
Pennsylvania Car Accident Statistics – An infographic by the team at Pennsylvania Car Accident Statistics
Embed Pennsylvania Car Accident Statistics on Your Site: Copy and Paste the Code Below